International Student Exchange – Ontario is a registered not-for-profit corporation offering Ontario students reciprocal, school-board approved exchange programs with countries in Europe. Our dedicated staff works in close collaboration with reliable exchange partner organizations and Ontario school boards to provide Ontario students and families with the best possible exchange experience.
We administer our programs in cooperation with participating Ontario school boards based on a shared vision of developing language skills and increasing cultural awareness among Ontario students.
Our partner organizations are exchange organizations that work independently of each other and of ISE ONTARIO. As such, each of our partners set its own fees, candidate selection criteria, program guidelines, conditions of participation and communication networks. Each organization agrees to recruit candidates for exchanges to take place on a predetermined timeline, to match students on the basis of common interests, age, and lifestyles, and to provide information and support to both the visiting and hosting participants for the duration of the exchange period.
In conjunction with The Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, the opportunity now exists for participants of our ISE exchange program to gain up to two secondary school credits at no additional cost. We are grateful that not only has SMCDSB created this program for our participants but that the SMCDSB offer is extended to ANY School Board applicant participating in our exchange program.
ISE ONTARIO places a great deal of importance on good governance, accountability and risk management and fulfills all the requirements set out in the Ontario Corporations Act.
ISE Ontario purchases group travel arrangements through Planet France, a TICO registered travel agency (Licence # 4023792).
- The best possible programs
- For the greatest number of students
- At the lowest possible cost
- Are enhanced through openness and integrity within the organization
- Are offered to students through a network of practicing Ontario school board and school exchange contacts
- Is committed to offering quality exchange programs, educational and cultural visits
- Is dedicated to fiscal responsibility and offering its programs at the lowest possible cost to participants
- Achieves its mission through the valued commitment and effort of experienced and dedicated educators and support staff
- Values the strong working relationships with our exchange partners in the mutual interest of providing quality programs
- Provides students with the opportunity to experience different cultures, practice other languages, and gain global perspectives
- Provides individual benefits to participants and heightens social awareness and a sense of global responsibility
- Advocates better understanding and greater acceptance of others
The Board of Directors and staff of ISE ONTARIO acknowledge the school board exchange contacts, teachers, and school staff whose dedication and support continue to make these valuable educational opportunities available to Ontario students.
Board of Directors
The ISE Ontario Board of Directors, in its governing role, oversees the safe and effective delivery of programs in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Brian Beal – Chair
Mary Anne Alton – Vice-Chair
David Fox – Past Chair
Bob Harper – Treasurer
Board of Directors
Mary Anne Alton – Retired Director of Education
Brian Beal – Retired Director of Education
Brent Bloch – Principal
David Fox – Retired Superintendent of Education
Mary Jean Gallagher – Retired Assistant Deputy Minister of Education
Bob Harper – Retired Coordinating Superintendent of Education
Laura Marotta – Superintendent, Avon Maitland DSB
Domenic Scuglia – Director, York Catholic DSB
Mary Di Santo-Lawless – Executive Director